Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The World Has Yet to See What You Can Do With One Who is Committed to Your Calling

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
Isaiah 43:2-3

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
-Isaiah 26:3

"Only a trusting heart will approach God honestly with the secret struggles of the mind. When we offer a trusting heart and an honest, open mind to God, renewal is on its way." -Beth Moore

As I think about the spiritual warfare that I experienced on Friday, I am reminded of how cunning and deceitful satan really is. (Yes, I refuse to capitalize his name.) The great news is that I am blessed with an incredible watchman who guards the walls of my mind and is able to give me truth to recognize lies. I trust the Lord is constantly searching my mind and heart for the ways the enemy is trying to pull me in opposite directions. Psalm 139:23-24 is such a vital everyday prayer: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me." Isaiah 26:3 promises that we will be kept in perfect peace if our minds are kept steadfast in Him. My mind is imperfect just like any other human being on this earth and I need God's perfect peace because of it. The Hebrew term for "perfect peace" is Shalom which mean, "to be safe, be complete, well, peaceful, whole, secure, friendly, healthy, sound." Our hearts and minds are able to experience this state of peacefulness and well-being when we remain firm in His promises and our faith in Him. We will be built up and we will be able to be used to build up God's kingdom as well. My mind decides whether I am going to say 'yes' or 'no' to what the Lord tells me to do something. I desire to have my mind remain in Him and His plan more than anything. In order for anyone to truly remain steadfast in the Lord, he or she must continue to lean upon God's Word and Truth. Trusting that God's Word is truth is obviously essential and so is continuing to be aware of lies and replacing them right away with Truth. The last part of Isaiah 26:3 states that we will remain steadfast in Him because we trust in Him. The Hebrew word for trust is 'batach' and means, "to attach oneself...to confide in, feel safe, be confident, secure." I got to spend time with my niece last night and the first thing she did when she saw me was run up to me and put her arms out to be picked up and held. She wanted to cling to me and be safe in my arms. This is a picture of how we should run to the Lord. We need to constantly be reaching for His arms to wrap around us for our security and safety. The Lord will never disappoint.

Lord, I continue to pray and trust that you will deepen my trust in You as I seek Your face. I continue to pray and trust that you will strengthen my faith in Your plan and not my own. Lord, James 1:12 promises, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." I thank You and praise You with arms high in worship for hard times and trials that test patience. Lord, I pray and trust for more patience, especially in the future. Lord, allow me to proclaim boldly and whole-heartedly that every ounce of my being trusts in Your plan and Your timing alone. Take away the temptation to control outcomes and the impatience in wanting to know details. Lord, I surrender to You. Take these hands and feet and use them only for Your glory. Reveal Your power and let Your Spirit flow through me. Lord, I'm giving You my dreams and desires to make them Yours and only Yours. Thank You for continually being the watchman on the wall of mind that allows lies to be recognized as lies and Truth to be recognized as Truth! Lord, thank You for the incredible blessings You have been pouring into my life with amazing relationships with encouraging brothers and sisters. Thank You for the blessing of being able to spread Your gospel on campus. Lord, I come to You surrendered.

Is the Lord trying to open your eyes to parts of your life not surrendered?

No comments:

Post a Comment