Thursday, August 4, 2011

Finding Satisfaction in Him Alone!

God purposely created us with a need that only He can meet. 2 Peter 3:9 says, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." God does not want us to perish. His will for us is to come to Him in repentance so that we can experience His love, forgiveness and a satisfaction that exceeds our earthly idea of "satisfaction." So many humans constantly experience the inability to be completely satisfied. Even when it comes to our relationship with God, we are not satisfied. Many people come to Christ because they are searching for something that is missing. But, after receiving His salvation, they still seek out further satisfaction. Why do we still feel the need to find further satisfaction? We reject having a daily, personal relationship with God and we cause ourselves to still feel dissatisfied. God gives us so much to offer but we just choose not to take and enjoy it. We just reject God over and over and it just brings more and more dissatisfaction. This is part of God's plan as well, though. He is not going to have us feel satisfied until we are completely satisfied in Him. However, we allow ourselves to settle for some form of satisfaction with anything but Him. Idolatry. 

As an American, idolatry is huge in my life and God is allowing me to see it as bigger and bigger. I idolize being in fashion over saving God's money and allowing it to be used for missions and saving people in third world countries from death by lack of daily essentials. I idolize time with friends over true, deep time with God sometimes. I idolize being respected by others over God's approval of me. I used to idolize food as something to satisfy me over God's character of perfection. There are so many things I put before God whether it is for a minute or for years. God is the only truth that can set me and you free from the idols that us further away from our Creator and Perfecter. Isaiah 55:6 says, "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near."  As the Lord has captured my heart and has been showing me what rejoicing in this divine romance looks like, I seek how quickly the enemy can use idols to draw us away from our true love. It is so important that I continue seeking the Lord's face because He is near. He has pulled me so closely to Him. It has been hard and full of heart ache but the Lord is revealing to me how much I truly do put above Him. I'm opening up these white knuckles and letting go. I feel as though I am diving head first into the unknown some days but experiencing the feeling of being carried is amazing. Knowing I do not have to worry about where the Lord is leading me, or even how I'm getting there. The Lord is definitely pruning my heart, uprooting the "weeds," and I am experiencing the beginning to a fully satisfying life with the One who will never leave and never breaks His promises. 

What do you need to let God uproot in your heart? What is the Lord showing you as more important than Him? Let it go, beloved. Surrender and trust in Him! 

Take some time to listen to this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CuYDZDrrao
Divine Romance by Phil Wickham


Can you truly sing these words to your Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment